Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kudos to Starbucks

I was very impressed when I popped into Starbucks on my way out for Thanksgiving to find that they are selling a Create Jobs bracelet.  It's red, white and blue and says "Indivisible".  It's only $5 (or your chosen donation) and the money goes to the Opportunity Finance Network® to create and sustain jobs. It will provide capital grants to select Community Development Financial Institutions to provide financing to underserved community businesses which include small business loans, community center financing, housing project financing and microfinance.  I appreciate that Starbucks really is working to create jobs.  I immediately bought my bracelet and wear it proudly.  The need for job creation really hits home when you are out there looking for a job, like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment