Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Always Learning

As I look out at the rain today, I'm happy to be indoors, warm and dry.  I'm working my way through online courses at alison.com, currently brushing up on skills in Word and Excel and learning Access and Visio.  Who knows what I may choose to learn after that.  This is a free online educational website out of Ireland, and the teachers have lovely Irish accents which makes learning that much more fun.

I'm frankly surprised I haven't explored online learning options sooner, relying on employer-provided software training specific to my job.  I always like to know how to solve software issues after the IT folks have gone home - because you know computers wait to cause problems until they know you are alone at the keyboard with no backup.

Learning new things keeps the synapses limber and builds confidence.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment