Friday, June 1, 2012

Wesley the Owl

Ever have those days when you finish your last library book and must find a book to tide you over until your next library visit?  That was what happened to me yesterday.  So a walk to the bookstore it was, and I found such a fantastically sweet tale.

The book is Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien.  A true story of a biologist at CalTech who adopts a baby barn owl.  That is a commitment indeed.  It made me appreciate my feline who is happy with food I can buy at a store, and although she hates change, she's pretty easygoing in general.

I had no idea that owls are emotionally sensitive and can be so upset by the death of a mate or a scary encounter that they may turn their heads to the wall and refuse to eat, and die.  I love a book that teaches you some interesting facts and introduces you to an amazing character.

Some of the chapter titles:
To That Which You Tame, You Owe Your Life
Twilight:  He Who I Tamed Saves My Life
Barn Owl Toddler:  Love Me, Love My Owl

You won't be disappointed if you spend some time immersed in this book and the world of Wesley and Stacey.  Seriously, just take a look at that face!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I'll share it with Stacy and the fans on her Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete